Tuesday, May 14, 2013

That darn Tooth Fairy

gone! by lovelydesign
Last night, I was sitting up late in our darkened living room, holding my sleeping little boy Reid real tight. Reid is getting his molars and needs a little extra loving. And my heart is breaking that he is less and less a little baby each day, and so I need a little extra loving, too.

And then, out of the darkness and ever-so-softly pads in Addie, her cheeks stained with tears. What the heck is she doing out of bed? She is gripping tightly to her specially-decorated envelope which holds her first tooth ever lost.

"Mama" she sobs, "I don't want the Tooth Fairy to take my tooth away from me. I always want to keep my tooth forever!"

"That's ok", I sigh, my heart aching at her earnestness. "I want to keep your tooth for always, too. Tell you what. Let's keep it. I hear that whole thing's a fraud, and I'll pay you more money for it then that darn Tooth Fairy ever would!"

Win-Win. Addie gets to keep her tooth, and I don't have to spend the next 10 years hiding it from her.

17 comments:

catie said...

perfect!
this is so sweet and also funny.
you are such a great mom ♥

Elizabeth said...

Ha! I loved reading this. My baby of three just turned six and lost her first tooth all very recently, and it is hard. Sigh.

Kim of Milkybeer Handmade said...

Well played, Sharilyn. Well played, indeed.

Bego said...

Clever and sweet :)

Jennifer said...

Love it! So funny (and honest). What a fun memory you made too.

christina kober said...

i love it. i remember my world collapsed when I found my mom's stash of my teeth... "what does this mean... no if there's no tooth fairy, there's no santa and no easter bunny?!"

Hana said...

What a great idea - I wish I'd thought of it!

sewa mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Himiko said...

I'm glad that the tooth fairy doesn't pay visits in our country. It would create heart aches like Addie's...

Over here we collect teeth in a small tooth shaped wooden box. Much better for sentiments all round :)

hasenschneck said...

I had no idea you were supposed to keep the teeth! Addie is looking very grown up now.

lisa said...

That is so sweet. I dont want my Edith to ever loose her lovely tiny baby teeth. But we are almost there. However I think we will do the same as you.

kbun said...

Hi Sharilyn,

We met at the cafe down the street a few months ago...I was with my son and he and Reid were enamoured with the digger trucks across the street.

Haven't seen you around the neighbourhood since, but I think I spotted your little ones the other day, laughing through an open window. Just thought I'd drop a note to say hi :)

Karen & Samuel

Kelly said...

Hi! I sell tooth fairy pillows on etsy. I would love to send you one. They are super cute & you are able to write on the front of them the date when they lost a particular tooth.
Http://spotocolor.etsy.com

Joyce Alice said...

this is so sweet and funny
actually i never kept my teeth it just never occurred to me
have no idea what my mom did with them...
i was so excited to wake up and find a dime under
my pillow

Adam Smith said...

aww what a cute little angle.
Beds and Mattresses shop

melissa said...

you are awesome. and so is addie. hooray for the honest 'tooth fairy'!

Obat pembesar penis said...

thanks for the information given
This information is very useful for me to be a reference
once again thank you for sharing with us all
alat sex wanita
alat sex pria
alat bantu wanita
alat bantu pria
boneka sex
obat perontok bulu
obat pembesar penis
vimax
obat kuat
vimax asli
vimax
cara merontokan bulu ketiak
obat pelangsing alami
obat penggemuk badan
obat peninggi badan
cream pembesar payudara
obat pembesar payudara
alat pembesar payudara
obat ejakulasi dini
alat pembesar penis
obat perangsang wanita
perangsang wanita