Saturday, March 13, 2010

making march (a pattern for you)

Here for you now is a pattern for this funny month of March. I very much hope that it may inspire you to make some nice things with it. (And if you do, you will share them with me, too!)

This month I am inspired by the crocuses and narcissus which sprouted up in our garden and all along down the road. And a long-lost spring snowfall which blanketed them all.

If you would like to, you may download a full page of this pattern here:

march_pattern.pdf

Using your desktop printer, you can print the pattern out, and make lots of nice things and spread a little springtime... perhaps many little seed packets to give away. A Pinwheel or two for your favourite kid. A flutter of pretty paper butterflies... or a flock of paper birds! Give a gift in a homemade paper vase favor bag. Perhaps you will invite a few friends over for a lovely brunch with pretty place-holders. Make up a bouquet of pretty paper flowers, in a paper-banded vase. Or filled with paper-berried branches! Or perhaps even a posy of paper flowers for your favourite boy (or girl).

Or collect all of the patterns up, one from each month and save them for the perfect project - I will try to download another pattern every month.

I sincerely hope you like my patterns very much, and that you can find many projects for them. Please do let me know!

And Thank-You to everyone who has shared their photographs of their pattern-creations with me. They are fantastic to receive in my in-box and I love them!

15 comments:

shelese said...

I love it!

shelese said...

Ha ha, I just read your comment that your Addie's middle name is May as well. That is too funny! I was looking at pictures on your blog a few weeks ago, and Addisen pointed at your daughter and said "Addie". For a quick moment I was trying to figure out how she knew her name, but then realized that she thought it was a picture of herself. I love that they both have some Asian background as well, My husband's mom is Japanese.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous pattern. I discovered your blog by chance over the weekend and have really been enjoying looking back through your old posts. Your blog is really lovely and I will definitely be visiting regularly. I've loved seeing all the creative projects you do with Adelaide - my daughter is only 10 months old but I can't wait for her to get bigger so I can do similar fun activties with her :)

Julie said...

Absolutely lovely! Thank you! And the suggestions ar fabulous....will definitely have to try a few of them out. I am thrilled that spring is here and that the flowers are beginning to sprout, such a lovely sight!

Make, Do & Send said...

This is so perfect for spring! Thanks for sharing another fantastic pattern, I'm such a fan of your designs :)

Julie K said...

wow, that is a stunner! my favorite of your monthly patterns so far.

l o v e l y d e s i g n said...

Thank you everyone for your words and your visit!

we3 collective said...

the crocuses are just lovely at the moment and we still have snowdrops that just brighten up a very dull garden! great blog, lovely patterns and what a lovely find!

Danielle said...

Funny story...last month I commented that I used your February design as wrapping paper for Valentine's Day. When reading back through the comments, which I love to do, I found that "Mary" said she would love a birthday present wrapped in whatever your March design would be. I turned to my husband and said, "I bet you a dollar that this is my mother." It was. So, maybe I will make an additional craft, but most certainly the first order of business will be wrapping paper!

the dipe squad said...

It's a beautiful early autumn day here in Perth. I was sitting outside writing a letter to my grandfather who is in early spring, and I thought how much I would like to share this day with him. I decided to print your March pattern to use as an envelope liner, and it's just perfect. Thank you!

Danielle said...

Here it is! I promise to be very creative in April ;)
http://themakingsofeveryday.blogspot.com/2010/03/lovely-surprises.html

Christine E-E said...

I don't like your patterns... I LOVE them! I really appreciate that you post something each month.
Gosh - I think I will put the design in a floating glass frame and hang it on the wall...
I hope you don't mind that I have listed your blog as a "FAV" on my blog?
See my blog at: silverlinings4me.blogspot.com
I'm new at blogging so my blog is pretty simple... but such FUN!!

Aly D said...

oh i love these! thanks so much for sharing! i'm going to save them up and make a pattern desk calendar to hang in my studio.

EmiC said...

Love your site and your patterns! I've used it as the "wallpaper" to cheer up my desktop for spring.

Thank you!

LINDA said...

tHIS IS A GREAT BLOG, AND YOUR LITTLE GIRL IS SO CUTE!
THANK YOU FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING A BOX, I AM AN ARTIST JUST STARTING OUT AND I WANTED TO MAKE THE BOXES MORE PERSONAL AND FUN SO THIS IS PERFECT! BESIDES, HAVE YOU SEEN THE PRICES OF BOXES! WHOA!
THANK YOU AGAIN AND HAVE FUN WITH YOUR WEB PAGE

(www.yourownglasscreationbylynda@gmail.com)this is my buisness account, I am just setting it up.