Thursday, August 27, 2009

little girl on campus

When my partner Charles and I were looking for a place to call home, we searched and searched for a long time. But then we finally realised that a University is a pretty darn good place for a kid to grow up, and here we are.

little girl on campus by you.

little girl on campus by you.

Over at the University there is usually something happening to fascinate a little kid - and her nerdy mama, too! Adelaide absolutely loves going there, so every few days we usually wander on in for some exploring.

little elf by you.

in the trees by you.

For it is full of gardens and sculptures, ponds and courtyards, slopes and stairs and waterfalls and forests and fields. Libraries and laboratories, swimming pools and gymnasiums, cafes and coffee shops and bookshops, on and on. We could wander on forever and usually find something interesting to explore... to Adelaide, this place is one big playground!

quick reststop by you.

in circles by you.

But to me, the very best thing of all is that there are very few cars (or none at all). So I can relax and just let her run free and wild like the crazy kid she is and should be. And everyday I am so grateful just for this one thing.

25 comments:

Rose said...

She is so cute!! I love the red hat. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

she is SO cute. and growing up SO fast.

The Vintage Modern Girl said...

how sweet she is! and you capture her so beautifully with your camera!

olivefarm said...

Your little girl is such a doll! I love hearing stories about her little adventures =)

Christine--RHP said...

good call on hanging out at the Uni--

and that hat!! I don't think she could get any cuter!

Emi said...

Your daughter is so adorable. How lucky she is to have such a loving and wonderful mom like you.
=)

katiet said...

She is just the sweetest thing ever. How blessed you are to have a little one as cute as her!

Tiina S from Finland said...

Great choice! Your University is by far one of the most fascinating places that I've seen. I visited the campus last year with my husband's uncle, who built many of its awesome concrete structures. It must be a great place to study at, and grow up in! Wishing you all the best!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Love the hat! So cute :)

Our Green Nest said...

Oh my, I bet that is wonderful! My girl would LOVE that! Looks beautiful too and your little cutie is adorable!!

cindy said...

she's getting to be such a big girl. so adorable and i love her red cap, too. enjoy your weekend!

mrs.adrienneK said...

how cute is her little outfit?!?!?! (as always)

Anonymous said...

She's so lovely ! And also seems to be an adventurous spirit. I can almost feel her happiness (:

wkropka said...

beautyfull pics :)

Anonymous said...

That is good househunting advice for anyone! We got overwhelmed by how big our new city is, but knew that if we lived by a university, we'd find our kind of people and have a big green campus to walk through like you do.

I bet people love seeing Adelaide there too!

natasha said...

The bumpy red hat is so adorable with that dress.

Ema said...

Oh she is amazing. Such a big girl now! How excellent all around!

Leanda said...

Adelaide is unbelievably cute!!

kate said...

she looks so sweet in that little red cap!

Di said...

It sounds like a great place to be! I have a friend from University (here in Scotland) who is now a lecturer in the geography department at Simon Fraser - it's nice to be able to see a little of where he is at!

h o b u r g e r said...

great outfit! i love her necklace :)

jessica said...

these are so lovely!

and thank you so much for the address file card pack -- it is so nice to add new patterns to my box! xo.

Little Happy Things: said...

I know you must have heard this thousands of times, but still, I can't help but to say it again: She is so cute!

Ulla said...

Little red Riding Hood - she's so pretty

nath said...

Isn't that where the museum of anthropology is?
I remember thinking what a lovely place it was when we went there. Very green.