Monday, August 31, 2009

a little bit of company

Every so often - tucked in between the endless tasks of being a mama - I am lucky and am able to catch a few moments here and there to work on some of my own projects.

These few moments of self time are precious to me, but I have found that I seem to still enjoy them most, however, when my daughter is by my side, happily working on her own projects. Like today, for quite some time she was busy across the table from me - Chattering away to her favourite sheep and showing him how to make drawings.

scrap bin by you.

And at our feet, perhaps the coziest cat in the world, all snuggled in my scrap paper box. Not even minding my ever-so-often-additions to the box, falling all over on top of him. Our kitty Jack will try anything to find the coziest spot ever!

Sometimes, It's really just very nice to have a little bit of company while you work.

19 comments:

frecklewonder said...

oh, funny kitty!!!!!
thanks for the laugh :)
xo

The Vintage Modern Girl said...

that picture just totally made my night! my two kitties also find some bizarre places to get cozy...including a glass bowl and my reusable grocery bags!

Cindy said...

I love when my daughter sits and talks with me while I sew. Just adore it.

tracey p. said...

i just so want to come create with you! i'm a bit of a dork - but i LOVE your tape dispensers, could you share with me where to get one?

Barb Fisher said...

That is just the cutest pic of your cat! Hilarious!

Amber said...

So sweet! It does feel so good to be able to do "our things" with our kids by our side doing theirs. And of course a Jack to add some chuckles.

ali said...

i, too, struggle to find time to be creative with all the things involved in caring for a little one - ella is still too little to sit and draw while i work {she'd rather climb on the table and grab my scissors and run away...eek! the panic!], but i am so looking forward to the day when we can sit and create together :) the company of a little one by your side is always so special :) and oh, to be a kitty and have sweet slumber in a nest of paper scraps!

Keaton said...

this is so sweet and lovely! thank you for sharing a very nice little moment.

The Plush Elephant said...

Love your blog! As a designer, I always find your entries a great reason to take a creative break and look forward to reading and seeing your pics. They bring a smile to my heart each time (^__^).

mokkakissa said...

Remember to remove the kitty before you take the trash out... I am glad to learn that I am not the only one with strange animals.

the dipe squad said...

I know exactly what you mean about treasuring your alone time, and yet still finding it much more precious when shared. Thinking about it gave me such a warm fuzzy, peaceful feeling of gratitude for being a mama.
Then, I saw your cat. Now, I'm cracking up and wishing we could have kitties again!

hummingbird said...

That is just so sweet, I didn't see her in there until I read the rest of the post and had to look again. So funny!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

It took me way too long to find that cat's head. =)

Alissa Nicolau said...

I adore your cats!

Joyce said...

Totally awesome. Happy happies.

gyllengul said...

you've got the most precious company!

Anonymous said...

I almost can't bear the amount of cuteness going on here.

oklyous said...

ah, that is just adorable! I just want to hug it a 1000 times :)

Anonymous said...

酒店打工

酒店兼職

台北酒店

打工兼差

酒店工作

酒店

禮服酒店

酒店兼差

酒店上班

酒店PT

酒店經紀

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

喝花酒

粉味

喝酒