Wednesday, May 28, 2008

last two

My camera is broken. I was in the forest taking photos with my Addie, and suddenly it went all funny and some tiny screws (!?) fell from it. Now I find myself missing my camera very much, and hope to have it back with me soon. Funny how I find myself feeling somewhat lonesome for an object. My camera, I didn't really realise, has become a part of our days.

Here now are the last two shots I took, that I've managed to coax from my camera...


I am falling in love with this place. It is so special to me, that this forest is a few paces from our front door. These woods are becoming to me a living, breathing entity, that I now find my body craving when I am away from them. And now that Addie is walking well, we can spend more and more time in our woods just being. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What camera do you use? I love all your pictures!!

sharilyn said...

hi anonymous, I use a Nikon D50 body with an older lens. I LOVE the camera, but think I may have to splurge for a new lens :(

Wendy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your camera, I would be so sad. Your photos are beautiful, and it's so so great that you and Addie can spend more time in the woods. :)

ina said...

sorry to hear about your camera; i attribute my picture taking to you...

i just GOT a new digital camera yesterday after not having one for a year!

you will see more of me. miss you shari.

quaint handmade said...

i'm sorry your camera is under the weather, but i bet you'll "see" things more, now. if that makes sense? sometimes, when i'm taking photos, i don't feel like i'm in the moment.

Sarada said...

How lucky you are to have such a lovely forest on your doorstep! I love visiting your blog, I hope your camera gets fixed soon!

Jessica/Yesi said...

aw i love the pictures you take with your camera, i hope you can fix it!!

lucky having a forest near your house!!

malcomama said...

absolutely beautiful shots of the flora and little Addie in the forest...