Monday, December 03, 2007

with the snowy trees



We now have about a foot of snow outside of our door, and the forest is absolutely gorgeous. This is the third or fourth snowfall we've had on the mountain this year so far, but it is the first time that Charles has been home and I could manage my camera without having to lug my wiggling puffy snowsuited child! Adelaide seems to take in the snow with much quiet intensity- and then every once in a while she will let out a determined "BAEH!" at it all. I am so much looking forward to more snowy mountaintop winters with her.

Every so often I glimpse little birds about the snowy trees, and I have become determined to make friends! I hung a bird bell outside on one of the trees, but now I see the chain has broken from the weight. And each time I sprinkle seeds out, they just get covered up with more snow...

7 comments:

erin said...

my grandparents and many of my aunts and uncles live in burnaby, and i have so many great memories of tobogganing on the mountain as a kid. grandma made us all hot cocoa with marshmallows when we'd get home. once she couldn't find her glasses and accidentally added perogies instead of marshmallows. i love it up there in the winter. you are a very lucky family!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharilyn,

I just wanted to thank you for sending out the I Miss You mail set ... I received it last week and it is just so wonderful! I hope you don't mind that I ordered a few more things from your online shop before it is taken down ... I fear that my previous order has caused so many complications.

I read that you'll be closing your studio so that you can focus on being a mother... I can relate to that feeling of wanting to be as present and awake as you possibly can to your child. I often get a little feeling that tells me "wake up!" and "pay attention!" -- and I clear the fog from my eyes and understand that right now, being a mother is just so right for me. My daughter is just about 13 months old now, and it's amazing how she lives in a constant state of revelation, and how I am overcome by intense flashes of love for this little person. Sometimes, my love for my daughter is so fierce and overwhelming that I feel as though my heart will burst into flames. I am sure you know exactly how that feels.

I am sad that your studio is closing, but I am so happy for you as you move on to this new part of your life with your wee little (adorable!) daughter. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with the world ... love love love to you, and a whole lifetime of joyful mama-hood ahead!

Love,
Jeannie

perfectbound said...

Can't wait to see more pictures of winter on the mountaintop with the wiggling puffy Adelaide!

magicalmuse said...

Thanks for sharing your snow photos! I love snow and we don't get much here so it's nice to see. And your little one is so freakin' cute!

Sarah said...

Missed you at Tuque this past weekend, but what a deligh to stumble upon your lovely blog today. Talented and wise - so nice to know as a new mum balancing the boy and the art, I'm not alone.

life in yonder said...

Oh...this photojust gave somuch Christmas feeling! Lucky you that have snow!

Catherine said...

Perfect. I've loved Lovely Design for many years and really like your blog too.