Tuesday, October 16, 2007

beautiful apple



Today Addie and I shared an organic gala apple (our favourite!)

I read an excellent article once. It explained that if we can always purchase not all, but a few specific organic fruits and vegetables, that just these few would hugely reduce the chemicals (poison) taken into our bodies. I always regret not jotting down this list of produce. But I remembered that one of the most chemical-laden fruits were apples, and I've been buying them organic ever since.

I finally found the list. This is mostly for my benefit, I want to always try keep it in mind! Here it is now:

    1. Peaches
    2. Apples
    3. Sweet Bell Peppers
    4. Celery
    5. Nectarines
    6. Strawberries
    7. Cherries
    8. Leafy Greens (lettuce, spinach)
    9. Imported Grapes
    10. Pears

    1. Baby Food
    2. Rice
    3. Milk
    4. Eggs
    5. Beef / Poultry


13 comments:

jenn said...

Gala apples are so very delicious! Addie seems to be enjoying it! ;) Precious!

ina said...

sharilyn!
your baby is amazing. i wish i could see her move and blink and make sounds and laugh and wiggle.

did you get my email?

sharilyn said...

INA! no to email? I don't know what is going on with my server, but I don't think I'm getting all the emails that I should be.... whats new?!

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing your blog with the rest of us! I've been a fan of your work for so many years now, and to see people I admire go through the changes they did, it's amazing.

Riverlark said...

Thank you for opening your blog! I found your work just a few months ago and just about stopped breathing, it's so beautiful! I hope you'll be putting things in the shop again soon.
PS Addie is as delicious as that apple.
PS again I used to be a producer in public radio myself!

shannon said...

the #1 emailed article on nytimes.com right now is on this very subject: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/22/five-easy-ways-to-go-organic/?em&ex=1193371200&en=5a05b87e57a5edd7&ei=5087%0A

i'm thrilled to find your blog. i love your work and am starting a stationery company myself.

Kelly said...

wonderful blog! thanks for sharing!

Ali said...

Just wanted to say that I am so excited to see your blog - I purchased one of your address card holders awhile back and I love it. You have such a beautiful style.

sas said...

Thank you for opening up your blog! You are very talented and have an especially adodrable baby!

Thanks also for this food list. It's so hard to pay extra for organic foods, this list really helps to know what's worth it.

patricia said...

omg! she is gorgeous!

Rachael said...

hi sharilyn,
i found your blog from your website- i bought some presents a couple of years ago and you were kind enough to send them to england marked as gifts. :)

i just wanted to say congratulations on your beautiful baby! and i am envious of all the gorgeous things you are surrounded with- it is inspiring to me.

i was also wondering if you intend to make any more journey books eventually? my boyfriend is in a band and always touring at the moment so i thought it'd be a cute thing to get him.

thanks in advance,
rachael
xx

Lovely Paper said...

mm, gala apples are my favorite too!

Crystal said...

Thanks for sharing the list. My husband and I were just talking about buying more organic and where to start.